Visiting the wide Tokyo

In 2018, as I will have the exhibition in Tokyo, this will be a good opportunity to visit more around.
When we mention Tokyo, many people don't know that the area is more big than they think.
City, station, capital, prefecture... all of this.


Hijikata Toshizo
Visiting the capital means that you will usually stay in the touristic area located on the right side of the map.
But, as you can see (pink area), Tokyo is more wide than that.
Last summer I went bit more on the west side to visit HINO, but still have many spots to visit in this city such as the museum of Hijikata Toshizo and Genzaburo, etc... 
I couldn't visit these museums because it's open only 2 Sundays per month.


Since my flight is booked, I have to admit that I started to check on the net-map which new places to visit. Collecting info here and there, filling my to-do-list, more and more.
So far, I listed these places:

- HINO
- CHOFU
- FUSHU
- TAKAO
Outside Tokyo, if I have time and some budget:
- YOKOHAMA (garden)
- NIKKO
- HAKONE

With this list, I will have already many things scheduled.
As I won't buy a JR pass, it's the opportunity  to do every destination with more attention, and I don't want to be in a hurry this time.

Let's see after the trip if I took the time to enjoy every site. This means also, not taking pictures every 5 sec, relaxing in the nature, enjoying to be there, simply.




Kondo Isami in Hino
Tama Monrail

Comments