Exhibition in Japan 2018

The great news arrived 1 week ago... Exhibition confirmed in Japan!!!

Yes, my art will be exposed in one of the most famous area of Tokyo, in Shibuya at NHK Fureai gallery.

How did it happen?
Last summer I had a booth confirmed at the Design Festa event, my schedule was really tight, but found time to meet my friend JINMO, whom I know since 2013.
He is also an artist, so I went to his studio to have an Art chat with him and his wife, who prepares delicious matcha tea.
I had the chance to see his amazing calligraphy (shuji) material and watching him in action creating calligraphic art.


After talking a lot, the idea came, Jinmo invited me to join him for a duo exhibition.
No need to say how I am thankful!!!

Then we tried to find a period easy for me, like April to be on a holiday season. But Jinmo has a USA tour (as guitarist) at that time. And before would have been too early to create new paintings.
Then, it was fixed around May, just had to wait for the gallery decision... the waiting from August to December was long hehe.

And yes, from 28th May to 3rd June, Jinmo and I will share the space to get a duo exhibition.





So, I let Jinmo finding a title, and he even prepared a nice promo flyers as introduction.
We will surely have more to publish really soon!

From my side, I have some ideas for the paintings, heme and already asked the rates for customized frames and mat frames.
Just waiting to get some holidays in 1 week to start again the painting on big cardboards!

***************

For those who want to help me to collect some funds for the exhibition, this is the link:
Crowdfunding exhibition 2018
This campaign is to help me to get the budget to buy new art supply (acrylics, watercolors, brushes, cardboards), custom size frames for the paintings, mat frames for the small painitngs, the transport costs for the painting (extra baggage), etc...
It's running as long as it is needed, no time limit until the departure for Japan.
No plateform fee as I manage this on my own shop.

Thanks already to those who helped me, and to those who will in the future!

Comments

  1. I really hope you can get the funds together, it sounds like such an amazing opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Indeed, and I have to work a lot to bring enough atworks ^^

      Delete

Post a Comment