Hotel's special request

You maybe have seen this passing on the net: Special hotel's booking requests.

Many are funny, classy, cute etc. So, I was thinking, why shouldn't I try it too?
Of course, I'm not the kind of person who will request crazy stuffs, mostly because I didn't book any 4 stars hotel haha.
So, I just wanted to try something simple and see if it works.

Well... last summer in Japan, it worked only once hahaha
I booked all hotels on booking.com, there you can add special requests, which I did for nearly all hotels.
Of course, I skipped the capsule hotels, dormitory and low class hotels.

What did I request?
It depended of each city. Sometimes, just a "senbei" (typical crackers), candies or different type of origami, such as dragon and owl.

Result?
Only one hotel answered after the booking, saying that they will do their best to make it.
1 month passed, I started my trip, forgot that one reacted to my request, and to be honest I didn't expect much... especially after to have seen that none so far cared about it.

When I arrived at the reception of the hotel, in Miyajima, the guy checked my name and asked me "you love owls!?"
I was like "he, what, how does he know?... " When I was thinking I answered "yes, it's a spirit animal" smiling and blushing.
Then, the coin tilted! Oh yes, my request!!

He told me right after "I made origami by myself, I hope that you will like it"

I thanked him for this kindness, and indeed, when I enetered the room, there were the owl origami waiting for me on the table... even 3!!!
Aren't they cute? Yes ^^

About 10 requests, only 1 positive answer.
But, even only 1 hotel made it, it gave me a nice memory, friendly contact with the hotel's staff and nice story to tell you.

First time I went to this hotel, it was in 2015 with my friend Marie. I remembered that the owner was an old friendly man. He helped us to get our suitcase inside, even gave me extra green tea powder for the room with a big smile. Probably a family business. That makes the difference, the service is often nice and personalized.

Why am I telling you this story now? Well, because recently, I got a message from another hotel, I booked for the next trip in 2018.
They were asking if they can make a crane origami instead the owl.
I guess that it's more easy for them since it's a huge hotel.

I recall that at APA hotels, in different cities, there is a crane origami placed on the bed even without request.
Hehe, I admit that I got the idea of the owl origami after to have seen the cranes ;)

So, let's wait for the next trip to see if I get my owl or crane origami 😁


Comments